I just baked World Peace Cookies. They’re the most chocolate-y cookies I ever tasted, I think, and I have to agree with Dorie Greenspan‘s neighbour who “became convinced that a daily dose of these cookies was all that is needed to ensure planetary peace and happiness.”
Garret, I would send you some for your birthday today, but as it is impossible to attach cookies to e-mails, you’ll have to get your lovely wife to bake you some! ;-)
You can find several variations of this recipe online:
- Smitten Kitchen: In which world peace eludes me
- Dorie Greenspan: World Peace Cookies: Metric Measures and Variations
- Bon Appetit September 2010: World Peace Cookie (cup measures)
- Küchenlatein: Tuesdays with Dorie: World Peace Cookies. (Ulrike Westphal did her own conversion to metric measurements.)
- Crockyblog: Nachgebacken: World Peace Cookies – she leaves out the salt and adds 100g salted macadamia nuts – mmmh!
- Chili und Ciabatta: Alpenblick mit Weltfrieden-Keksen, wo ich vor zwei Wochen auf dieses Rezept aufmerksam geworden bin – wegen des Namens.