- New York Times: Miep Gies, Protector of Anne Frank, Dies at 100
- Deutsche Welle: Woman who saved Anne Frank’s diary dies
- Zeit online: Helferin von Anne Frank gestorben. “Miep Gies rettete das Tagebuch der Anne Frank vor der Gestapo. Sie starb im Alter von 100 Jahren.”
- There are several pages on Miep Gies’ death on the Anne Frank museum’s website:
- MetaFilter: Guardian of the Secret Annex passes away – this thread includes several other links.
- The Anne Frank YouTube Channel has a film that shows Miep Gies making jam for Otto Frank’s company.
I visited the Anne Frank huis in Amsterdam on May 17, 2000. The concentration camp in which Anne and Margot Frank died in March 1945, is quite close to André’s parents place; we visited Bergen-Belsen in December 2007 and passed it on our bike trip last summer. Today, none of the original buildings of the concentration camps remain, but the train station is still there, and a white line along the side of the road marks where the prisoners were forced to to walk from the train to the concentration camp.