I’ve been researching the Julia and Mandelbrot sets for school, and I’ve found a few interesting and useful sites:
- Julia and Mandelbrot Sets, including a Julia and Mandelbrot set explorer and an Mandelbrot set applet, by David E. Joyce, Professor of
Mathematics and Computer Science at Clark University
- Sven Hellbach‘s Julia set applet which lets you zoom into the Julia set
- a simple Mandelbrot explorer by Mike Bursell
- the Black Saturn Mandelbrot Explorer
- XaoS “is a fast portable real-time interactive fractal zoomer. It displays the Mandelbrot set (among other escape time fractals) and allows you zoom smoothly into the fractal. Various coloring modes are provided for both the points inside and outside the selected set. In addition, switching between Julia and Mandelbrot fractal types and on-the-fly plane switching is provided.” Versions for Mac, Windows, Linux and other systems are available for download. I downloaded the Mac version and already had a lot of fun with it.
The day after he came home from the hospital, André got a smaller cast on his right arm (Sam, he got a purple one, not pink like Abby suggested). His arm movement is improving slowly but steadily, and he will start getting physiotherapy next week.