Trip to Plymouth, England, 2001
André and I went to England on Tuesday, March 20, 2001 to visit Pauline, André’s exchange partner from school.
Here are the days of our trip:
- Tuesday, March 20: How we tried to fly from Frankfurt to Plymouth, and ended up going by taxi. An odyssey.
- Wednesday, March 21: Pauline’s ship arrives in Plymouth.
- Thursday, March 22: We visit Buckfast Abbey and the otter sanctuary.
- Friday, March 23: André and I explore Plymouth and visit the aquarium.
- Saturday, March 24: Day trip to Penzance.
- Sunday, March 25: Mothering Sunday and a little tour of the Dartmoor.
- Monday, March 26: Visiting the Eden Project in St. Austell, Cornwall.
- Tuesday, March 27: “Is this the best garden in England?” – The Garden House.
- Wednesday, March 28: I fly home, André stays for another week.
The following pages are over at Spicy Noodles.
- Thursday, March 29: Torquay, Kents Cavern, Babbacombe Model Village.
- Saturday, March 31: Rugby – Plymouth Albion R.F.C. beat Launceston 1.
- Sunday, April 1: Lanhydrock and Newquay’s Fistral Beach.
- Monday, April 2: Flight from Newquay to St. Mary’s, Isles of Scilly, walking around Tresco, Tresco Abbey Garden with Valhalla ships’ figurehead collection, and flowers from the abbey garden.
- Tuesday, April 3: Tate Gallery in St. Ives and Geevor Tin Mine
- Wednesday, April 4: Goonhilly Satellite Earth Station and Pendennis Castle in Falmouth
- Thursday, April 5: Wheal Martyn China Clay Museum near St. Austell
- Friday, April 6: André returns to Bonn.
André has an index page with a map of Devon and Cornwall.